The tv show that I think I will explore for the rest of the semester is Modern Family. This is a show that is in its 2nd season and I think it is an interesting show because there are so many elements to it and so many characters to explore. The show centers around three families who are all related. Each family has their own way of living their lives and raising their kids so you get a really nice mixture of human characteristics. Modern Family plays Wednesday nights on ABC and the latest episodes can also be found on Hulu online.
The three families in the show are:
-Jay, his second, much younger, wife Gloria and Gloria's son Manny from a previous relationship
-Jay's son Mitchell, his partner Cam and their adopted daughter Lily
-Jay's daughter Claire, her husband Phil, and their three children Haley, Alex, and Luke
The great thing about this show is that they represent so many different generations, yet all of the generations are very intricately connected. During each episode there is usually some common problem that each of the three families/couples are facing and of course each family handles their problem in a different way.
I think this show has definite educational possibilities in the sense that it shows the differences between people and it really shows that even though each character lives in a family that may not be considered "normal", they are all happy and loving towards one another.
The context of watching this show is definitely for entertainment. I don't think people would watch this show because of any educational value they think it might have, though hopefully people would be able to pull educational moments out of the show. I usually watch this show online off of Hulu because I have class when it airs, though I think it is one of those shows that people do watch live when it airs. I usually end up watching this show by myself, but it is one that I think would also be fun to watch in a group setting as well. This is a show that is billed for adults, yet because of the kids in the show and the situations they get into, younger audiences can find an interest in it as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment